Providing High-Quality Residential & Commercial ServicesSchedule Service
Serving Ross, Fairfield, Licking, Franklin, Pickaway, Fayette, Clinton Counties & Beyond!
Geothermal heating and cooling systems take advantage of the constant soil temperatures under your property. Geothermal uses a special piping system, commonly referred to as a "loop." Liquid circulates in the loop to exchange heat between your home, the heat pump, and the earth, providing heating, cooling, and supplementing hot water at a very high efficiency.
A geothermal system transfers heat from the earth to the home in the winter and from the home back to the earth in the summer. The earth stays at a more constant temperature than widely varying air temperatures. Because heat thermal energy is just being moved, and not created, geothermal systems operate at exceptionally higher efficiency than ordinary heating and cooling systems.
In winter, conventional furnaces burns expensive natural gas and other fossil fuels to create heat while geothermal systems simply moves heat from the relatively warmer earth around your property to inside your home.
During the summer months conventional air conditioning units uses an excessive amount of electricity to run a powerful compressor to remove hot air from your home. Geothermal systems can move the heat out of your home using just a small amount of electricity.
Call the expert geothermal certified technicians at Accurate Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for a quote on a quality customized installation of a new Water Furnace geothermal heat pump system, today! And as a Water Furnace Authorized Dealer you can be guaranteed we will do it right, the first time. Accurate's factory trained installation technicians have installed over 350 Geothermal systems in Central Ohio.
1. How good is the cooling in the summer with a geothermal system ?
The cooling is exceptional and very efficient. Same cold air as a standard air conditioner.
2. Can I heat my hot water with a geothermal system?
You can help heat your water all year as long as the geothermal unit is running. It does not produce much hot water in the spring and fall because we are not heating or cooling as much. You still need a hot water heater. This just helps supplement the hot water heater.
3. When they install the geothermal system in my yard will they seed the spot or do I have to stare at a dirt mound?
The are two ways it can be done. The first is we dig a trench that the dirt is mounded back up and would need 6-9 months for the dirt to settle and be leveled before a good seeding can happen (this is the cheaper cost loop). The second one is a boring machine that bores the pipe under the ground and does not damage the yard except where it leaves the house. (this one can be done with an extra charge per ton to install this loop).
4. How long does it take to install a new geothermal heating and cooling system?
It takes one day for the outdoor loop, one day for the indoor piping and installation of the Geothermal unit on most installations.
5. My yard is not that big can they still install a geothermal system?
Some yards cannot have a loop but sometimes the boring machine or vertical loop will work.
Advantages of Geothermal Systems:
- Can be used to heat and cool your home.
- 35% to 50% less electricity than conventional heating or cooling systems
- Comfortable Constant, even comfort with no hot or cold spots.
- Extremely efficient operation.
- Geothermal uses renewable energy.
- Safe and clean, No flame, no combustion, no odors; just safe, reliable operation year after year.
- Geothermal systems have long equipment life (20 years and more).
- Low maintenance (for a closed loop ground loop).
- No noisy outdoor units such as you would find with standard AC.
- 26% Federal Tax credit on the cost of equipment.
Call our knowledgeable staff at Accurate Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today to see if geothermal is a good option for your Ohio home!
- Sales & Service
- HVAC & Plumbing
- Residential & Commercial
We Make It Right
We believe in delivering honest value and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Christian faith-based company aiming to operate ethically and above reproach.